Tuesday 1 May 2012

Day 20: Blended Lasagna...I think not

Smiling and saying cheese: 65% (Not as constructive as yesterday)
A very cheesy smile and my not so used as much blender

Pain: 18% (Sore head today so up 2%)

Weight: 12 stone 6lb or 174 lb
Weight loss at the minute: 7lb (Up and down...up and down)

Food I would love today: Hey......I had 'cut up' lasagna for dinner. What more can I ask for!

As I sit here sipping my raspberry milkshake, I'm wondering how I'm going to fill today's post. I have exhausted explaining my sleeping pattern, numbness (which is still numb), pain levels (which are minimal) and my swelling which like a wrongly made cupcake just out of the oven, is sinking and disappearing all the time.

Not to disappoint my hoards of followers, I will produce a post for today so when my followers from Singapore wake up tomorrow morning they will be able to read my post over breakfast. I was home alone today and after my busy day yesterday I slept until 12 noon today. I'm not sure if it was because I did so much yesterday but I felt really tired this morning.

 I skipped lunch today and had two 'frubes' instead which are yogurt in a tube. I had a tin of soup set out ready to open but I just couldn't bring myself to have any more soup. Why I hear you ask! Because I now know that I can eat soft foods once a day when I take my elastics off, so I don't see the point in eating soup any more when I know I will be eating something delicious which today consisted of lasagna. Wow it tasted so good.


My dinner equipment and food before it was mashed up
I bought it ready made from the local fruit and veg shop, got it home, heated it in the microwave while I pinged off my elastics, took the photo you see, mashed it up and then I savoured every swallow (instead of bite). I then had pudding and custard and my apple juice. One thing I noticed was that when I gently closed my teeth on my straw, it hurts so bad. My teeth are so sensitive. Also every time I open my mouth to fit in more food there is a dull achy pain at both sides of my jaw. Normal I expect.

Three weeks tomorrow from my operation but the recovery is going to be a long one. Not in the sense that I am lying in bed all day ill, but that my mouth is closed 99% of the time and that I can't open it very wide, can't chew and can't bite down on even a straw without it hurting. How long until I can eat normally? I'm guessing a few more months. O look at that! I just filled another days post. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Johnny, good to see your able to eat/swallow proper food now! How is it going with taking the elastics off and putting them back on? Do you still feel like your jaw is going to drop or are you getting used to it now?
    Your swelling has gone down lots too, how is the bruising? You still got a Homer neck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha,
    I just had chicken and broccoli bake which tasted great. It is so nice eating proper/ soft food again. I can take my elastics off and put them on with ease now. Very simple once you have practised a bit. I'm pretty sure now that my jaw will stay in place.lol.

    My mouth doesn't open very wide so my jaw shouldn't fall off! I'm actually annoyed now that I have to put my elastics back on where as at the weekend I was glad to get them on as it felt secure. I see my surgeon tomorrow so I'm hoping I will be wearing them less from now on. Bruising is still on my neck but fading all the time. Thanks for your comment. Johnny

    ReplyDelete