Saturday 21 April 2012

Day 10: Honeymoon Period Over


Smiling and saying cheese: 35% (The same as yesterday because I have no pain and had nice visits but I didn't increase it as I am finding the lack of food a little tough)
Ahhh, good old soup but which one?
Pain: 25% (down again today after a decent sleep and no tablets so far. Tingling in teeth and chin are very annoying but I don't think it's pain)

Weight: 12 stone 5lb or 173 lbs
Weight loss so far: 8lb (Same as yesterday)

Food I would love today: Still craving savoury foods and today I would love a 'Ulster Fry' For my foreign readers who are unaware what a 'fry' consists of....here goes. Sausages, bacon(not bacon you get in the USA, our bacon has little fat on it and lots of meat. Fried egg, grilled tomato, soda bread and potato bread. Google image of 'ormo potato bread and soda and you will see what I mean) mushrooms and baked beans. Ulster fry ...also known as a heart attack on a plate!

Best sleep again last night. I think I only woke up two or maybe three times but for no length of time at all. I had one soluble tablet during the night  and that was the last tablet I have had. Minimal pain today though the tingling in chin and mouth are quite annoying but I have to take this as a good sign that feeling maybe starting to come back though it still numb at the minute.

As it's Saturday, Ashleigh is off work for the weekend and also next week which is great as I will hopefully feel like getting out and about next week a little more that the past week. We headed to Asda (Walmart's child) this morning and got some groceries. I found some aisles like the soup aisle which I would have been happy to pass and then I came to the chocolate and biscuit aisle which I would have liked to shop from but unfortunately not.
My chocolate friends, one day we will meet again!
From last night, I have found it a bit harder than I had been. Maybe because it is day 10 and the 'novelity' of having soup and liquids is wearing thin or maybe it is because I feel quite healthy now in the last few days, my pain is low and I want to get back to normal but obviously being unable to eat properly is holding me back. I don't want to come across complaining as I am very fortunate everything is going so well but it is just how I have been feeling.

On a lighter and happier note, I can now officially drink from a normal glass as long as I take my time. One reason for trying this is because my 'kiddie cup' is starting to constantly smell like soup, which is fine until I want a milkshake or drink of water. Yeah soup flavoured water isn't something that will catch on. Breakfast today was porridge, lunch was Smash (instant mashed potatoes) made with cream, milk and butter. Dinner was potato and cheese soup made by my mum which was nice. After 'Baby Walmart' I was really tired and headed straight to bed for a lie down. I suppose I am still not fully fit and even going to the supermarket makes me tired.

Today some of the youth group from church came to visit me which I enjoyed it a lot as I haven't seen them in two weeks and was nice to have some more company. Swelling is still more on my left side but I think it's gradually going down. Thanks for the comments from those who have posted too.

No comments:

Post a Comment