Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 13: Hair Cut Time

Smiling and saying cheese: 50% (Half way back to my best of 100% which will never happen while I can't open my mouth)
50% cheesy grin with yellow elastics and hair cut


Pain: 25% (Down 10% because I'm feeling good)

Weight: 12 stone 6lb or 174 lbs
Weight loss so far: 7lb (Another one back on according to my dodgy scales)

Food I would love today: A Red Velvet Cupcake made by Ashleigh, of course

After a good night sleep again I woke up thankfully without the aches and pains of last night. After a hour or so this morning I was feeling good. I decided to get my hair cut back to my normal length. I'm going to see how I like it since I have a different face (sort of) and if I then decide I want to grow it long I can do so. Also I was coming to the end of my hair gel and would have had to buy more!

Ashleigh and I also went for  nice walk along the riverside at Shaw's Bridge in the sunshine though there was a cool breeze that made my chin go crazy. I was able to go to Tesco to get stocked up which included 'yop', apple juice, pineapple juice, 3 litres of milk, carton of double cream and 'frubes which are yogurt in tubes. Once I got home I had homemade vegetable soup and then it was time for my famous Grandpa nap. Up at 6pm I got another shower and had blended cheesy mash with butter and cream which I spilt over myself while trying to refill my 'kiddie cup.' After a full change of clothing I finished my meal.

Very little pain today, I wasn't overly tired even though I had a busy day and thankfully I haven't picked up a bug as the aches and pains of yesterday have gone. I'm still taking tablets but not as regular as last week. Speech is quite good and I can be understood over the telephone. Tingling is still very annoying. Brushing teeth is good also. I'm also just getting on with drinking everything and it isn't bothering me as much as it was over the weekend. I haven't felt too hungry as I'm eating as much as I can stand when I'm having a meal.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Johnny, You are looking GREAT!!! I have been reading your posts, and you seem so positive (your comments make me laugh). Am thinking (after reading other blogs also) that your healing process may be being helped along by what you are 'eating' - lots of fruit, veg, and high cal stuff giving your body the energy to heal. Like Natasha, I am just starting out on my journey, no work done yet, but I am looking at expansion surgery (upper arch); then braces on; then double jaw surgery - yay. Can you tell me a bit more about what you had done?
    Thanks for blogging and sharing your journey with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie, Thanks for following, reading my blog and your comment. I have had a good recovery so far and maybe what I'm eating is helping me. I could probably eat even more but I get sick of the same stuff.lol. I think if you feel sorry for yourself and don't make the effort to get out of bed, washed, eat and get out of the house for a while it won't help your recovery. Staying positive helps I think though I do have my moments. After having braces on to straighten my teeth, I had bi-maxillary osteotomy (double jaw surgery) my top jaw moved up 4mm to remove my gummy smile and forward 3mm I think. My lower jaw was moved back 3mm and rotated 3mm to the left I think also.

    I read your blog. Very good. If you feel self conscious go for it. Your family like mine probably just see you as you and don't notice what bothers you but my family noticed the difference now I have had it done if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wondering if you had any tips on breathing good after surgery? And was it scary / painful when you woke up from surgery? How many nights did you spend in the hospital and how long did it take to feel somewhat normal again from the anesthesia ? did you throw up at all?

    ReplyDelete