Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 4: Kids are so honest

Smiling and saying cheese: 8% (can't say cheese but when I try and smile something on my face moves)

Pain: this morning: 65% ....this evening: 35%

I woke up this morning after a restless sleep due to having to sleep sitting upright in bed. It is quite uncomfortable but I am managing OK. After more porridge for breakfast (any other ideas for breakfast would be great) I got washed, shaved which was a struggle and dressed then everything caught up with me a bit and I just felt drained and went to bed for a sleep. I have found looking in the mirror hard, maybe it's all the swelling or not knowing how I will look when everything is done but that's just how I felt.

I woke up feeling a lot brighter this afternoon and not as sore. I had lots of visitors today and too much laughing which stretches my face in a way that it is not ready to be stretched. Chloe, our chihuahua came back home today and is going to be keeping me company from now on in. Talking is still hard but Ashleigh works as my translator and can make out what I'm saying most of the time. I haven't been out the front door yet but between tonight and tomorrow I will go a walk. There is still a lot of swelling but I think it may have went down a little.

On Friday when I got home from hospital the first 'meal' I had was tomato soup which has permanently stained my elastics. If you don't want orange elastics you may want to stay away from tomato soup. I've been watching 'man v food' on TV which may not be the best idea but the food looks so good. My niece Emily came to visit today. She is 3 years old and as soon as she saw my face she just started crying and would not look at me the whole time. She put her head against her mum and did not look up again. It was funny how she reacted and I thanked her for her honest opinion. It's the same reaction I feel when I look at myself sometimes. I think I may have permanently traumatised her.

I had potatoes, veg and mince tonight for dinner. It looked great on Ashleigh's plate but in my kiddie cup all blended down it didn't seem so appealing. I drank 3 cups of the stuff so hopefully that will help me. I also weighed myself and have lost approx 2-3 pound from surgery.  All in all I had a good day after a bad morning and will to continue to take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment