Wednesday 25 April 2012

Day 14: Two weeks today!

Smiling and saying cheese: 50% (Same as yesterday as I was tired today and not very motivated)
Red, white and blue..... and yellow elastics!

Pain: 20% (Minimal and bearable pain around my jaw and a sore head sometimes. Nothing that soluble paracetamol can't fix)

Weight: 12 stone 6lb or 174 lb
Weight loss so far: 7lb (Same as yesterday)

Food I would love today: Anything that's not blended!

Wow! Two weeks today from I had surgery. Two weeks today from I opened my mouth. And seen my tongue. And cleaned my tongue! Yukkk! Two weeks today from I started drinking everything. Did I mention its two weeks today. Well time flies when your having so much fun. How do I feel two weeks on? I generally feel very good at this stage. I'm glad I went through with this process and I look forward to the end result in the future of getting these elastics of, then being able to eat and one day getting my braces off to reveal a confident perfect/ near perfect smile.

I think if anyone is at any stage of this process that is what you have to keep remembering, that one day in the future there will be a end result that your looking forward to. My sleep is improving every night with another good sleep last night. Pain is minimal and as I have read on blogs and forums that the first two weeks are the hardest. I would say the first week in my experience. Overall I think everyone is different and everyone deals with surgery in different ways but if you can be disciplined and have a positive attitude it will help a lot.

My thoughts have started to move towards returning to work. I'm a bit different to other people because I'm self employed so in theory I can take as much time off as I want. My boss knows what I've went through as he is recovering from surgery too. That boss is me! The problem is that my job is quite physical but I hope that maybe next week or the week after at the latest I can ease my way back into it. If I was even eating properly (I mean chewing proper food) I think I would have more energy to work but I will see how I am at the weekend. Two more days until I see my orthodontist which I'm looking forward to. I see it as another little step towards recovery. I had porridge again for breakfast and then slept through lunch because I had a nap so I didn't have a lunch but had bacon and lentil soup for dinner with a milkshake.

I just felt exhausted again today which is a bit frustrating as I'm not doing much but hopefully this will improve with time. I have to remember I'm still only two weeks post op. I can't wait until it's two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment