Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 11: It was all just a dream

Smiling and saying cheese: 45% (Up 10% from yesterday as I can smile now though I get loads of laughter lines. My face must be too tight. I still can't eat, my mouth is still shut so it's still all a big inconvenience)
Me with my helpful sleeping travel pillow.


Pain: 25% (Same as yesterday as I was a little sore before I took tablets)

Weight: 12 stone 4lb or 172 lbs
Weight loss so far: 9lb (Another one bites the dust!)

Food I would love today: My mum's Chicken and Broccoli Bake (chicken, broccoli, bacon, mushroom, creamy sauce topped with breadcrumbs and cheese) Sides of veg and mashed potatoes and gravy.

Last night's sleep wasn't as great as the night before but it was bearable and I think tonight I may take my tablets before bed which I didn't do last night because I wasn't sore. I got up at 9am, got some porridge and orange juice( not blended together thankfully) and then went upstairs to have a shower.

I think today was the 4th shave I have had and it ain't getting any easier. It is pretty sore and not just were the numbness is in my chin. It is around my cheeks which feels like each individual hair is being plucked out of my face. I have a new razor so that's no the problem. I'm not sure if it's because I still can't tighten my cheeks very well (I'm talking about my face cheeks here) If anyone has any ideas or experience of this I would love to know? (probably talking to men here)

Any way by the time I had got washed and shaved it was 11am and I just felt exhausted. So I got into bed and slept for another 3.5 hours. During my blissful nap I had a dream that I opened my jaw very slightly while my elastics were on, I decided to put a few more elastics on and in the process my lower teeth all started to fall out. There were a lot more teeth than I actually have and I started swallowing some and spitting some out and in the process losing them. It was horrific and woke up sweating.lol. I'm so thankful it was all a dream but it goes to show what my mind is thinking about after surgery. TEETH!

After getting up I had a complan milkshake followed by my lunch/ dinner of potatoes, carrot, parsnip and chicken stock and gravy blended. Tasted like a blended dinner. I was also out in the car but apart from all that and watching a movie, I had a quiet, tingly chin kinda day.

No comments:

Post a Comment