Saturday 14 April 2012

Day 3: Kiddie Cup and Cream

Me and my kiddie cup!
Smiling and saying cheese: 4% (I feel ok but still can't move my face so I always look sad)

Pain scale: 50% (I had a sore morning and better afternoon)

I woke up quite sore this morning but instead of feeling sorry for myself, I jumped into a luke warm shower and shivered back to bed. I had sieved porridge, with milk, cream, sugar and honey along with a banana smoothie including a build up sachet of 'Complan.' Once I had my tablets and caught up on some of my blog posts from the last few days, I had a sleep and when I woke up I felt pretty good.

Not as sore today but just a massive inconvenience having your jaw tied shut. I had some visitors which was good until they made me laugh which makes my face move too much, which then hurts! I still feel weak but not as bad as last night. I had sieved soup for lunch which was chicken, potato and vegetable made with extra cream and milk.mmmm. My friend is coming round to visit tonight which I'm looking forward to. Ashleigh has been a great help again today. My bum was sore last night as I can't lie down in bed as my head has to be raised but with the help of a rolled up jumper for padding I managed.

I have been able to eat using the little cup I stole from the hospital yesterday. It saves me using a syringe which takes so long. I can just pour anything into my mouth against my teeth and then it drains through my teeth. I can get through a cup pretty quickly now. For dinner I had sieved potatoes, carrots, gravy, cream and butter. It tasted fine but the texture can be a little strange. I had a dream about eating chocolate biscuits today with elastics on and also I seem to become more interested when I see food on TV.

I talked a little too much today and I think it has made my jaw a little sorer so I won't talk as much but it is hard when you want to join in a conversation and you can't. I don't always feel like eating but I know I have to as I don't want to lose a lot of weight. If you would like to lose weight, I think I have an idea for you! I will weigh myself tomorrow and see if I have lost any so far. If your eating normally tonight please enjoy it! You are very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I think your surgery has made you look more American! I like it. :D Very handsome!

    ANNA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Anna, but sure I am an American already.lol

    ReplyDelete