Friday 13 April 2012

Day before surgery

As I've been in hospital without any Internet access these posts are a little late.
I wish my last meal had been here!
Tuesday 10 April 2012 : Day before surgery   

After another night of waking up thinking and dreaming about hospitals and jaw surgery, this morning arrived and it was time to get up. Thank goodness. I had a good Easter, eating as much as I could but by last night I was sick of looking at chocolate and food in general. I rang the ward to check they had a spare bed for me and that I was still able to come up and be admitted at 10.30am. I was told that there were plenty of beds and to come up at the arranged time.

I’m sure some people arrive with suitcases and their 20kg flight allowance plus hand luggage but I managed to fit everything into my humble backpack. Ashleigh and I left for hospital which is less than 5 minutes from my home. I was shown to my bed in a bay of 4 beds but there was only one other lady in my bay who has been taken away in her bed, I‘m guessing for surgery. Unfortunately she has left her mobile phone on her bedside table which rings with a very old and annoying ring tone accompanied with vibration which when I first heard it thought it was a workman drilling in the next bay. Seriously I did.

After a while a nurse came and took some details from me and I received my fashionable wrist band. I also ordered what I wanted for lunch and then a doctor who I had a pre assessment with came by to test out my new plates that I had had some trouble with before. Refer to my last post if your interested.

Thankfully this time the plates fitted great. I was again asked if I had any questions and was told I would hopefully be first to get operated on in the morning. Ashleigh left for home and I had lunch which was ok. Yes just ok. I was also told to eat as much as I want until midnight but at the moment I don’t feel so hungry. I have ordered my dinner and have just been given a cup of tea. The nurse emphasised the need for me to savour every last bite which would make more sense if I was in America having my dinner at somewhere like ‘The Cheesecake Factory.’

I have my laptop with me so thought I could type out my blog and then when I get home in a few days then I will publish it as I don’t have any Internet here. I have movies to watch and I feel relaxed at the minute, I’m getting looked after well and feeling good about tomorrow. I will have some visitors later which will be nice so might try and have a nap until then.
My before and after moulds

Smiling and saying cheese: 100%

Pain scale:0%

No comments:

Post a Comment