Monday 23 April 2012

Day 12: Sore Nostrils

Smiling and saying cheese: 40% (After a promising morning the evening wasn't as good due to achy joints and jaw and a sore head)
Literally.....my daily mugshot


Pain: 35% (Up 10% due to aches and pains)

Weight: 12 stone 5lb or 173 lbs
Weight loss so far: 8lb (One back on according to my dodgy scales)

Food I would love today: ' A Fish Supper' A cod fillet with a light, crispy batter with a side of chips and peas covered in Heinz Tomato Ketchup from the local 'chippie' (I woke up thinking about this today so it had to be today's choice)


Best sleep last night so far. I took two co codamol at midnight and except for a bit of shuffling during the night I can only remember waking properly at 7.15am. Result! A new week and thankfully I have an appointment with my orthodontist on Friday morning. I'm glad I have an appointment as it gives me a goal to reach and something to look forward to. I'm not sure what will happen at the appointment but it will be good to get checked out by him. I had a smoothie for breakfast again consisting of:
  • 2 bananas
  • Frozen berries
  • Milk
  • Ice Cream
  • 'Crusha' milkshake mix
  • Complan sachet
  • Double cream
I had my first cup of tea last night from my favourite cup but it just didn't feel normal without a biscuit. I dropped Ashleigh off to get her 'hair surgery' this morning. I think the operation takes the following course: hair cut, highlighted and wash and blow dry but probably not in that order. Tingling and sensitive teeth are continuing. Sometimes it isn't so bad and I forget about it then all of the sudden it goes crazy. It's a weird sensation and hard to explain but I think the best way is to say it's like having regular sensitive teeth x10.

At the entrance to my left nostril, up my nose about 10mm there is a lump which is quite sore to touch (sorry I know it's not attractive reading but in the name of accurate documentation of this process it must be included) I'm unsure why there is a lump but it is there and is a lot sorer when pushing from my right nostril against my left nostril if that makes sense (probably not) Has anyone else had experience of this? I'm guessing it has something to do with tubes being stuck up there for a few days.

For lunch I had a 'Marks & Spencers roast chicken dinner' that was tasty enough. Me and Ashleigh then went out to a sweet shop/ sweet factory were I was able to have a raspberry milkshake while Ashleigh got to sample some sweets and honeycomb. The owner ended up sampling my piece. Sigh. After our visit I went to visit Emily, my niece who I traumatised when she first seen me after my operation. After a cautios welcome Emily came around to the idea that I wasn't half uncle, half ballooned chipmunk and by the end of the visit we were friends again.

After a afternoon nap which I needed today I had a shower and my dinner of blended 'Irish Stew'. Google it for the recipe. It was tasty but at this stage of the day, I have become really achy all over, sore head and joints including my jaw. I'm also exhausted. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's a bug but hopefully I will be back on track tomorrow. If anyone has anything they would like me to include in my blog that I can update my progress on daily let me know. Maybe speech for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment