Saturday 14 April 2012

First night

This was the worst night of my life. I was finding it very hard to breathe due to the two tubes up my nose and the oxygen mask was uncomfortable and wouldn't reach over from the bedside table to my mouth properly. With my teeth being so firmly closed I found it hard to breathe.I couldn't sleep and needed the toilet at least four times during the night. I used a bottle for this each time while lying in bed. Quite hard to do. I kept buzzing the nurses to get pain relief, I just felt awful the hours dragged by and I had a ice pack face mask on to help with the swelling which kept slipping down my face. My throat felt blocked with blood and I couldn't cough anything up as my mouth could open. My throat was also very painful and found it hard to swollow. I just felt miserable, I hadn't seen my face and didn't want to. I think it was made worse because I had been in recovery until late and by the time I got back to ward it was night time.

As it started to get light outside and the ward started to come back to life I remember sleeping for a while. I was so glad that night was over but I stilled hadn't seen my face.

Smiling and saying cheese: 0%

Pain scale: 65%

No comments:

Post a Comment